Thursday, June 21, 2012

First attept to use IG blob

So a couple of days ago I put up a list for my 1500pt army with 3 vet sqauds and 2 Leman Russ tanks.  you can find it here: 1500 IG take 1



Today I have changed it up a bit and added a small platoon to the army.  Here is what I got.

HQ
Company Command Squad - plasma gun X 3, carapace Armor, Chimera

Troops
Vet Squad - melta X 3, carapace Armor, Chimera, plasma pistol

Vet Squad - melta X 3, carapace Armor, Chimera, plasma pistol
Platoon- command squad - grenade launcher, sniper X 2 chimera
              squad - grenade launcher
              squad - grenade launcher
              heavy weapons squad - autocannon, missiles X 2

Heavy Support
Leman Russ Demolisher - lascannon

Leman Russ Executioner- lascannon

Fast Attack
Hellhound - Bane Wolf

Elite
Stormtrooper - melta X 2, plasma pistol

So I dropped one stormtrooper unit and the plasma vets to get the platoon.  I put the plasma guns in the company comand and the snipers into the platoon command.  the 2 squads will join up for a 20 man blob.  I decided to try out a demolisher russ instead of a second plasma Russ.

 I am not sure if this is a good change for my army it coumes out to 14 kill points.  In a objective game I have 5 units to take objectives though and the 20 man squad might be a bit difficult to get rid of.  Probably not though. 

Tonight is the second week of open play at Fantasy Books and Games I will bring both my IG army and my Grey Knight army.  If I can find a 1500pt game I will use the IG but if all the guys want to play 1850 then it will be the Grey Knights.

Happy thursday!