Thursday, September 20, 2018

Showcase: Armiger

Along with the Reiver I had almost completed my second Armiger.  I finished adding the basing and painted and sealed the Agrellan Earth and I have a second Armiger finished.

I painted my last Armiger in the darker purple that the rest of my Ad Mech vehicles are done in.  Since I wanted this one to be a bit different, I decided to paint him the lighter purple of my leaders to signify that he is an individual while he still is related of the group.  I tried a few other things to make him stand out but in the end the primary color and yellow skulls are the only thing that I kept.   

I also tried a new crackle paint on the base.  I didn’t get the result I wanted so, I went back to the Agrellan Earth.  I also added some pink foam for some rocky outcroppings like the Dunecrawlers and other knights.  Not the greatest of basing but it helps breakup the totally flat surface.
I still have the guns for him to work on but until I find my magnets they are on hold.  Right now I can run one of each of the armigers or two warglaives.  I am ok with that.

Next up is the abominant, witch elves, and stingwings.  We are getting closer to the best month Orktober.

Questions? Comments? Pew pew pews!

Showcase: Primaris Reiver

As I said in my last post I was finishing up on a Space Marine Primaris Reiver.  I said I would have a post later this week with a showcase for him.  It is later in the week and here he is.

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

On My Table: 9/18/2018

I have seen a few blogger have these "On my Table" posts so I thought I would start one to show you guys I am not a total slacker.  Here are a few projects I have been working on this past week.

Sunday, September 16, 2018

40k Battle Report - Renegades as IG Test

Hi all,

Had a Hurricane-canceled then reinstated mini-game day - so went big with a 1750 point list for the renegades and heretics. But I've been itching to try to them as a guard list (and get access to strategems, relics, etc.) so I decided to pull out a Brigade-Level guard list. Everything in the picture got used (finally!) Plus big Bertha - the Malcador Annihilator - got a turn. Add in a small strike force of Storm Troopers, a scout salamander, and a banewolf for a flanking maneuver, and you've got a list!

Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Showcase: Alternate Witch Elves

I was looking at my hobby area the other day.  There are about 30 models that I am “working” on.  I keep adding more and more models to the pile before removing any.  My goal over this month is try to clear some of them off before Orktober.  I am starting with the Witch Elves.

Tuesday, September 11, 2018

New Abominant and the Aberrants

While having fun with my Stingwings, I picked up the genestealer half of Tooth and Claw.  The big part of this release is the Abominant and the Aberrants.  While the Abominant is a new codex entry the Aberrant were in desperate need for a new sculpt.

Monday, September 10, 2018

Renegade Army Showcase

Hi all,

In preparing for Shorehammer this year, I've been going back and forth as to how I'll be running my Renegades and Heretics List. First, I had to see exactly what I had in the army. Mainly because I've been so focused on building and painting I never stopped to see what I actually had or needed.