Sunday, September 9, 2018

Alternate Vespid Stingwings

I have been thinking about adding a unit of Vespid Stingwings to my T'au army but they are so expensive and are a finecast kit. So instead of paying $90 for two boxes of five,  I decided to lean on my favorite Polish company, Puppets War,  and make my own.


First of all, I saw this idea on Puppets War's Facebook page.  They make some cool jump packs that I have wanted to get for a while.  This conversion gave me a chance to use them.  They also have a nice assortment of heads to choose from.  I chose the one I thought fit the model and this was the result.


I kept the Firewarrior original gun.  The Stingwings only have one option to choose from so I thought no one should confuse the Stingwing with a Firewarrior. I wonder if anyone would even realize the difference.


I still have his base to finish like the other T'au units.  I just wanted to do a test model to make sure I like the finished product.


This one has some rough edges on the wing that I didn't catch.  I will probably go back and file that off and make sure it doesn't appear on my next nine.

So, one down and nine to go.  I plan on working on these this week.  Who knows maybe I will finally bring out the T'au for a game or two.

Questions? Comments? Pew pew pews!