Wednesday, November 29, 2017

It's that time of year again!

The end of the year is drawing closer and with that I like to look back at the goals I laid out and see how I did. With the move I believe I fell short on a few of these but that is okay.  They are goals, not deadlines.

Terrain - Completed (sort of)



My terrain is all painted but I actually got my friend to paint it up for me.  With it painted I have the table ready for games.  I even have given some demo games on it and look forward to playing more games on it in the future.  (looking at you Chad)

Rail Raiders - Not Completed




I finally received this game when I moved back to the Midwest.  We have not had the time to look at the game so I have been slacking on painting it up.  Maybe after the holiday, the wife and I can try it out.  Maybe now that we have a house, we can organize some game nights with our friends.


Sisters of Battle - Not Completed



I started working on my sister army and got distracted.  I assembled them and painted a couple of test models but then got distracted and they got forgotten.  I plan on adding them back to the resolution and get them painted up and table ready.


Genestealer Cult - Completed



I completed painting up an army of cult.  With 8th edition changes, I want to add another primus and a rockgrinder or two.  Right now they are not the powerhouses they were.  The metamorphs are disappointing.  Hopefully the codex will straighten them out.  The goal was to have an army painted and that done.


Belisarius Cawl - Completed



I picked up Cawl and painted him up.  He is almost an auto include for an ad mech army.  The model is cool as well.


Miniwargaming - Completed



I had a great time playing at Miniwargaming. They are a fun bunch of guys.  I played my Tyranids, orks, and Genestealer Cult. They are talking about having a Valhalla type of experience in the future so I would love to go back.  Maybe I can drag a couple of the guys up there with me for some fun times.


Tau - Not Completed



While I did get a ghostkeel it did not get painted.  It is currently on my workbench to get painted but was put on hold because Tales of X gamers.  I am sure it will get painted up in the first quarter of next year.


Orks - Completed


I am proud that my stompa was completed this year.  He took a few years but he finally was finished and has played in a few games as well.  This is an awesome model and I am happy I have him. I also finished painting 2 trucks and a battle wagon.  It is nice that the Orks got some love.  Maybe I can finish up the Grot Mega Tank to end out the year.  Wouldn't that be cool


Diversions


So, I had a few diversions that has kept me from my hobby.  First up was our move.  While I am happy to be back in the Midwest it took a lot of time that I would have had to hobby.  Next up is 8th edition.  The improvement of the toxicrene has made me want one.  I am not sure he is the best choice in the codex but he is big and scary looking so maybe it will get them to not shoot my exocrines. Lastly, I have my new Primaris Marines.  I have no idea how they are on the battlefield but they look cool and give me a elite army to play for a change.

There you have it.  With a little more than a month I plan on wraping up some of the Primaris Marines and finish the year strong. I am 8 infantry models short of 100.  I am sure I can finish them before the 31st.  It is always fun to look back and see all that is done.  I have already strated to think about next year but you will have to wait until 2018 for that.

Thanks for coming by and checking out my posts out.  You guys have been a great help keeping me motivated.

Next stop, Shorehammer!!