Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Interceptor & Runtherd


The Hobby train keeps rolling.  Lately, I have had this drive to get some hobby stuff done. I am not sure what changed but models are getting painted so I am not complaining. Today I have finished both a Ork Runtherd and a Primaris Interceptor. Lets take a look.


The interceptor continues my "Tales of  X Gamers" army with my first interceptors.  These guys were one of the main reasons I got into this army.  I love this model.I wish I was good at making the smoke plumes to make it more dynamic.  This will have to do.


I like the way the yellow cables accent the rest of the model.  I had trouble getting it true yellow; they always turned green.  After many coats, I think I got it right.  Next time, I might try to base coat them white first. That way< I might get the color right with a couple of coats instead of 6-8 coats.


I didn't want to go overboard with the highlighting.  I think just popping a few high edges is good enough.  I wish the gaps stood out more but the wash is just not working as expected. My Agrellen Earth has made it wait to paint heaven so the basing on my Marines will have to wait til I get another pot.


Overall, I am digging painting marines.  It is nice to have clear crisp lines to paint after doing the messy style of the orks or bio style of the tyranids.


Speaking of the Orks we have my Runtherd.  Yesterday was the Gretchin so I need a Runtherd to keep them in line.  This guy was fairly straight forward.lots of greens and browns.


I wanted a Squig that stood out and not blend in with the Gretchin he is wrangling.  Since the Gretchin have blue and red on them I decided to use orange.  I had an old foundation orange that I tried but it just was very splotchy. *Another paint goes to heaven* I finished with the base paint that replace the foundation.  I gave him a quick wash and he is done.


The fur was pretty quick. I first painted it a tan. Then, dry brushed on a ivory. Finally, I used a wash to blend it altogether.  I really like the way it turned out.


I am going to have to find my basing material before I head to Shorehammer to finish off this guy and the gretchin.  I do believe these are the last guys I had to finish for the shorehammer tourney.  I still need to go back to the grot mega tank and finish it up.  It is weird how unmotivated I am to work on that awesome model.


Well that is all for today.  I am not sure when I will have another post.  Things are going to get hectic from here to the end of the month. I will try to keep you guys posted.

Questions? Comments? Dakka dakka dakkas?