Wednesday, August 10, 2016

WIP: Sydonian Dragoon / Ironstrider Balistarius

Now that the ironstrider is built and primed, it is ready to be painted.  I made a good amount of progress last night.  Lets take a look.

These photos were not taken in my light box so, pardon the quality.



The kit makes two units.  I made a mold of the chest piece so I could swap out the driver and get the most use out of the kit.  I decided to make the lascannon version of Ironstrider Balistarius.  I just don't see me ever using the autocannon.  I am not even sure if I will ever use the lascannon version but if I want to I will have that option. One thing I am sure of is that I will be trying out the dragoon. I hear they are a decent addition to the army.  I am looking forward to testing him out.



Painting this model went faster than I thought it would.  I thought it would take a few days but by the end of the night I was adding the final touches her and there. I still don't know if I like the taser lance. I had the same feeling when I painting the taser goads on the infiltrators.  Hopefully I can find some inspiration and I can figure out what I want to do with it.


I added the layer of Agrellan Earth and all that is left is to wait for it to crack and then seal it up. Once that is done I can swing back to work on some Necrons.  I have a new box of tomb blades which when built will make a total of five tomb blades to paint.  I also want to finish up painting my lychguard.  Finally since I hate fielding unpainted models I will look at getting my wraiths and Triarch Stalker painted.

I hope you all have a happy and productive Wednesday.

Questions? Comments? Choom choom chooms?