Monday, August 15, 2016

Nova Open Decision


With 18 Days till the Nova Open I need to make a decision on what I want to participate in.  I thought about not doing anything but demos but I decided that I want to play some 40k/  I am going to join in the Nightfighters.



While I might still play in the recon games I know I want to play in the narrative.  I am going to bring my necrons and hope to have a fighting chance.  I have a 2000 and 1000 point list that is friendly and doesn't use the Decurion Detachment.  Knowing that I am playing in a public stage I might switch that up so I can get the most out of my time.

I have to start somewhere though and if I go with my list as is I have 20 models that need to be painted.  Tonight I will try to look at my list and figure out what I need to do to make it a Decurion Detachment. Once that list is made, I can revise my painting to do list.

Looking at the list I have my Triarch stalker to paint.  It is part of the retribution phalanx which might get dropped so that my whole army can be part of the Decurion Detachment.  It is a neat model but I am not sure if I would take it if I didn't need to do so.

I have a full squad of Deathmarks to paint.  I painted one up as a test model and I think he is complete or close to being complete. I am going with a dark bronze on these guys.  It will help them stand out and kind of works with the sniper roles they play.

Next will be five tomb blades.  These guys should be pretty quick to paint.  I have a couple left to build but I think these will be the fastest of the groups to paint.

Lastly are my wraiths.  These things are going to be a pain.  There are a bunch of details and I think some hard to reach areas.  I also want to weigh them down so they stand better.

So 20 models in 18 days.  I still have work and school as well to think of while doing it.  It is very doable but a challenge.

Have a good week everyone.

Questions? Comments? We'll Be Backs?