Monday, November 19, 2018

Showcase: Boomdakka Snazzwagon


Over the weekend I built and painted my Boomdakka Snazzwagon. This was a fun kit and I am eager to find out how it does on the table.

I decided to go with yellow on this buggy.  I despise painting yellow but after what felt like 6 layers it seemed to turn out pretty good.  I did a pit of wet blending on the flames.  I was not sure how well it would turn out but again I was pretty happy.





I built it in two parts:  the main body and the roof with gunner.   This allowed be some extra room to paint the details inside the cab that I would not have ben able to get.  There is a lot of character in this model and I would hate to see it go unpainted.


If the stars stay aligned, I will get to try out this unit as well as dragsta and wartrike. The 9 shots with -2 AP is interesting.  I would think a couple of shots should get through as well as the 2D6 cover ignoring grenades. The last bit I like about this unit is the built in -1 to hit bubble.  This extra durability might help it stay on the battle field just a bit longer.



That is about it, I got to start up some grots since I was still in a orky mood.  I want to look at my current army ad figure out what I still have left to paint so I can field a painted army.  Have a good week.

Questions? Comments? Dakka dakka dakkas!