Monday, November 17, 2014

WIP: Next wave of fire warriors, pain boy, mad doc


This weekend I finally decided to build the ork painboy and mad doc that I bought when the new codex came out.It was never really urgent to finish them since I was playing other armies but for some reason I just had a bug.  Now if only I could prime them.


 Looking at the models I really like the pain boy.  his legs are a bit weedy but everything else is pure win. The mad doc I am not sure I like.  His sculpt is a bit dated and his claw just sucks.We will see if he keeps it.

I also started up the next batch of fire warriors.  this will bring me up to 21 finished fire warriors.  Not bad considering I had only 4 at the start of this journey. 

Here they are after stage one.  All the orange (Jokaero orange) is painted and moving onto the greys.


Stage 2 and 3 dark grey (mechanicus standard grey) and light grey (celestra grey) added.  Next up is silver (leadbelcher) and blue (caledor sky).  Then wash and highlights finishing with the base and boom all done.  I am not sure that green is the next squad color.  I might switch to red. It will probably end up blue.  We shall see.

Questions? Comments? Pew pew pews?