Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Showcase: Tohaa Sakiel

In a couple of days I will be taking my team to Nova Open to play in the Hunger Games.  I wanted to get some paint on them so I just didn't have some bare models.  I have come to the conclusion that I just can't do a good job on these models. Here is my Sakiel.
I am going with an orange Symbiont suit.  I think it looks good with the blues and greys. Over all I  think he looks ok.  I am never going to win for best painted but at least it is painted.


I was having trouble seeing the straps and then getting the paint to stick to it.  It is like he just didn't want to be painted.  the wash I used never did settle into the muscles of the suit that I have seen elsewhere.

His armor is still a flat blue.  I need to fix this up before sealing.  Even my camera is not liking these guys.
I might add some highlights to his armor but if I don't get to it I will not be sad.   I had some touch ups on the Clipsos but she will be done soon as well.  I have at least 4 more to paint before moving on.  I never have had this problem with models before.  I can't wait to go back to Games Workshop models.  Plastics and the larger heroic scale are more my speed.  Sorry Infinity.

Something else I had a problem with is the basing.  The Technical paint was not staying on the bases so I switched to the sand.  Again, it is not the best but it is what I did and can do.  Time to seal these guys up and move on.

Questions? Comments? AROs?