Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Showcase: Sicarian Infiltrators

On top of finishing my Hive Tyrant I also completed 5 Sicarian Infiltrators. I love the look of these guys.  While not very beefy they look fast and agile.  While they are not my best work I think they are pretty cool.

I had some trouble deciding on how to paint the taser goads.  I tried to mimic the GW paint scheme but with a green instead of the blue.  I also painted the bulbs on the backpack to match the taser. 


I was unsure of the wires as well,  I ended up with a red wire  I also caught the wire on the backpack and painted it red to match.

I really like the GW technical paint  and how it turned out.  I added a layer of modge podge to seal it in since I have seen some of it flaking off on other models.


It is hard for me to know when it is to much highlight or not enough highlight.  I think I did a decent job on these guys.  The purple is a little out of place.  I probably need a tone in between the 2 I had for the highlight.


The "rocks" are bits of cork painted up grey.  My wife helped me one night while I was cooking up supper.  Thanks Dear!


There is a lot of action to these models.  They are not the static poses of rest of the army.  They are very dynamic.

Next up in my Skitarii army will be another Dunecrawler.  I am looking forward to painting another large model.  I am also looking into another way to magnetize the weapons.


Questions? Comments? 01101001 01101110 01110001 01110101 01101001 01110010 01101001 01100101 01110011?