Tuesday, April 7, 2020

finished Hospitaller


After finishing the Anchorite I turned my attention to the Hospitaller.



When building this model I decided to leave of the doves.  I don't really care for them and  I would have snapped them off anyway with all the traveling that I do.  Since the model already had a base topper I didn't add one of my own.  As with paint the model in stages, I think if I had to do it again, I would add my custom topper.  Just having the plain base just doesn't look right but I am not going to try to pry the model off the base now.



I also fully built then painted this model.  I think I should have done the Hospitaller herself separate.  This what I could reach all the spots around her feet.   I painted the model with my usual paint scheme. 

For some extra detail, I used some Blood for the Blood God paint to add some blood to the dying sister.  I like how it turned out. I think I might go back and add some decals to the book. I didn't know they came with decals that show writing. After seeing some examples I think it is a nice extra touch that is not too bad.

With this model finished, I am going back to finish some regular sisters.  Slowly but surely the army is coming together.

Stay safe out there.

Questions? Comments? The emperor protects!!