Wednesday, January 13, 2016

WIP: Painting begins on the Tryannocyte


So after building I was lucky with a dry, warmish day to prime the pod.  With it primed I can get to painting.
I decided to try  a lighter primer since a lot of the pod will be a lighter color.  I know this ill be a pain to get into all the recesses but I think it will be better in the long run.



I started with the blue body of my tyranids.  I wanted the sack part to be like my tervigon's birthing sack. 


I am not sure on how it looks though.  I am going to have to finish up the model and see if I like it.



So I covered the large surfaces.  Next up will be completing the details like guns and talons. I also want to hit up the base. Right now it kind of blends in and some paint will help stop that.  There is a lot of surface on this guy.  More than the knight. I just have to keep at it and it will be done before I know it.

Keep on painting.

Questions? Comments? Nom nom noms?