Friday, October 23, 2015

Meetup Weekend!

Raow!
 Last weekend, my local Meetup group had its monthly meetup.  I was excited since I wasn't sure I was going to get to play.  Things changed around and my day was free so I packed up the bugs and we headed to the meetup.
The start of the second game.

I took my seeing double list.:

flying tyrant with devourers
flying tyrant with devourers
Exocrine
Exocrine
30 Teramgaunts
30 Teramgaunts
Tervigon with crushing claws
Tervigon with crushing claws
venomthrope

Over all, I liked how the list worked out.  I am going to stop trying psychic powers on the flying tyrants. I always perils and then crash. Both tyrants in the first game and one of the tyrants in the second game did this making them easy targets to be finished off. The exocrines continued to do well.  I love the AP2 on these guys and I wouldn't mind a third one.  The venomthrope stayed up for some time.  I am expecting that my opponents will learn to burn him down quickly as they get used to playing my bugs.
That poor Terminator just couldn't hold back the tide.

My first game was against IG.  It was a tough fight and in the end I just couldn't get enough objectives to keep up.  It didn't hurt that my perils/grounding left my tyrant out in the open for him to get Warlord, Witch hunter, scour the skies, and king slayer.  Those cards just hate me.  I also should have tried take one flank and avoid the side with the demolisher tank.  I just wasn't thinking.  This is why I need to play more.  A strong force and good opponent equalled a loss for me.
The sceen right before my Tyrant Perils then grounded and got blown away.

The second game, we teamed up to play a 2 vs 2,  Tyranids vs Dark Angels game.  With their side having a contemptor dread on the field, my tyrants felt very vunerable,  they also brought a ton of terminators.  My only hope was if I could put enough shots into them, they could fail some 2+ saves and then my  exocrines could try finish them off.  The contemptor brought down 2 of 3 of the tyrants. The only reason the last one was not killed was because I took him slightly out of range then on the next turn assaulted him into safety.  I am always scared by terminators.  I have the hardest time with them but I got lucky,  the terminators were mostly kitted out for range and only a few had storm shields and hammers.  I am telling you, if more of them had shields, it would have been a harder match up.

Tervigon held out until the exocrine came over to help.  The lack of hammers made combat easier.

I had a good time. Our tyranids were just to numerous to take out. In the end we held both objectives and took out one of their warlords. If they could have gotten one of the objectives they would have won. As always it was a brutal and bloody afternoon. My nids went home with full bellies. While this list did well, I still want to try some other builds. Maybe I will avoid the tyrants. I know it is hard to leave them out since they are one of the strongest units in the Tyranid Codex. Maybe I can convince someone to play against the Heirodule. As far as gargantuan monsters go he is pretty tame and cost 600 points.

With the holidays coming up I think that we might not have anything the next couple of months. I hope that there is some and that I can get to them. They are always fun and exciting. I guess I will just keep looking forward to the next one.

Questions? Comment? Nom nom noms?