Monday, July 27, 2015

Showcase: Tohaa Gao-Tarsos

This weekend I finished up painting and basing my Tohaa Gao-Tarsos for infinity.  This was my first infinity model so it set the stage for my paint scheme for the Tohaa. I am still fighting with my lighting set up so I am Sorry for the darkish pics.


I first started out with the helmet a solid teal color but I was just not happy with how it turned out.  I think the extra light blue grey really looks cool.

I knew I wanted the teal as my main color but I couldn't decide on the symboite skin.  I ended up with a blue grey with a blue wash. While it doesn't stand out as much as I have seen the yellow or flesh colored ones I am happy for it.  I just didn't like the looks of all the others I had seen.


I was also debating on whether to use red or orange to compliment the teal.  I think my choice of red works well.

I am digging the GW techinical paint.  add some cork and a little tuft of grass and I get a decent little base.

I think I did a decent job and will look decent on the playing field. I could add a few more edge highlights but I didn't want to over do it.  The wash didn't really work well on the helmet but it seemed to work on the wings.  I still need to figure out the skin tone for my Tohaa.  I guess I can cross that bridge next month when I get the starter set.

Next up will be my Skitarii troops.  They should be here today or tomorrow and with any luck I can start building them.  Have a good week

Questions? Comments? AROs?