Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Nighthaunt Chainrasps



I had a busy weekend so I didn't get much finished.  I was able to finish the Chainrasps though as well as do some detail work on a Glaivewraith Stalker.



Once the models had the Nighthaunt Gloom done, there is not much else to finish on each Chainrasp. The other time consuming step is using the Astrogranite Debris paint.  After painting the base with it, I had to wait for it to completely dry. Then I sealed it with a water and glue mixture (1:1) to make sure it stays in place. I finished the base with a coat of Nulin Oil wash to give it some depth.



With the time consuming stages done, the rest of the painting went smoothly. I used the same scheme that I used on the previous five chainrasps.  If I was really pressed for time I think I could do most of an army in a very short period of time.  I just have to find some time to focus them down.



The squad leader had a few extra touches I needed to work on.  He has a set of candles burning which I think needs some  attention. I used my usual yellow to red wet blend on each flame. It is relatively easy technique and I think gives a decent result.





While waiting for the bases to dry I noticed that one of my Glaivewraith Stalkers had a couple of roses and vines that I missed.  I took this time to finish them up as well.



Hopefully I will be able to finish out the squad this week so I can focus on other items that need attention.  I think I will try to get more of the GSC painted.  Hopefully them will make a debut this week.  

Questions? Comments? ooooOOOooo...