Thursday, December 14, 2017

Showcase: Primaris Reiver


With my starter set finished, I moved onto the second month of activity the Elite.  When I first looked at this slot I thought my only choice were Primaris Reivers. I picked up a couple of the easy to build boxes and off I went.



While I am not unhappy about my choice I did make the mistake of thinking these was my only choice. After further research though I found that both the Aggressors and the Dread are in the elite slot not the heavy slot. Knowing this I would have gotten the Aggressors. Oh well, that is what I get for not double checking with the codex before choosing my units.


The Reivers have a lot of flexible areas exposed.  The knee joints are bigger and the mid rift seams to made to be flexible as well.  I wanted to make sure I highlighted that so I made sure the wash helped show the details.


I was on the fence about the blade as well.  I was thinking about doing a gunmetal blade but I thought I would go with the copper color to avoid adding another color to the palette. While I like the look of it I am still on the fence on if I should try the silver.


The Reivers have the skull faceplate as well.  I decided to do this in copper as well. I like how it turned out but I am unsure about the eyes.  I like to keep them yellow but they seam to just blend into the copper.  Maybe I should paint them red to add to the terror factor they are supposed to have.

I jyst need to base this guy and he will be done.  With him finished the others will fall into place leaving me with only the fast attack for this month before I am caught up.  With any luck I will be caught up by Christmas.

What do you think?  Should I go silver on the knife? Red eyes? Green eyes?  Black blade? I am interested in what you guys think.


Questions? Comments? Cawl's will be done!