Monday, March 27, 2017

Showcase: Neophytes

Last week I continued to press forward trying to get my genestealer cult painted.  I had a bunch of acolytes and a few neophytes that need to be painted.  This post I will show off the neophytes that I have completed.

In total there were seven models that needed to be painted: Two mining lasers and five regular guys.


These mining lasers are the stock build from the overkill box set.  I probably should have tried to head swap them but I didn’t think of it before I built them so I kept them stock.  With these complete I have four mining laser, two grenade launchers and two heavy weapon teams.  This will cover me for the specialty weapons for the neophytes.  If I wanted I could get some seismic cannons but I don’t seeing me ever taking them over the lasers.


The rest of the models are just standard neophytes.  I am happy with how they turned out.  With these guys and the mining lasers I have two squads of 10.  I am going to load these up in their Neophyte Cavalcade chimeras for some medium support. 


The way I have used them is the past is on turn one they move up and sit on a objective.  Then they sit on it the rest of the game shooting at any target that comes close.


That is all for this post.  Next up are some acolytes.  I have a basing project for my Subterranean Uprising units that might help me keep track of separate units.  I think I have a few necrons to repair or finish painting and a few termagaunts to base.  It should be easy enough.


Questions? Comments? For the four armed emperor?