Friday, March 17, 2017

acolytes and magus


Recently I painted up a magus and a few acolytes.  Unfortunately, I have not had the time to show you guys so here they are.



First up is the magus. I wanted to be a little different with him and added a bit of metallic medium to the paint for the robe.  It gives it a satin feel.


I also used a metallic blue for his armor.  I think this makes him stand out without looking too out of place.



Next, I have my second heavy weapon acolyte with a plain acolyte.  The rock grinder looks cool but I think the rock saw will be the way I equip them going forward.



If I am going to take these guys to Miniwargaming, I need to finish up the rest of my acolytes and neophytes.  This is a tall order for less than a month but, I am up for the challenge.


The down side of using the Overkill box is you get guys that look exactly the same.  These are my acolyte leaders so they should not be side by side much.


My next box I think I will try to change them up more.   I plan on splitting the box into metamorphs and acolytes.  Maybe then the clone look won't be so noticeable


Lastly, we have a lone acolyte. I was a bit suprised how quick I went through the five man squad.


I tried to make some texture paint with some sand, paint and glue mixture.  I am not sure this is the best.  I am going to go back to the celluclay for the rest.  It is a pain to use but  easier to control than the texture paint I made.  



That is all for now.  On my table I have a bunch of neophytes and a single acolyte.  I am hoping it is dry enough to base up the rest of my models so I can just plug away.  Wish me luck.

Questions? Comments? for the four armed emperor!!