Monday, April 11, 2016

Showcase: Skitarii Vanguard


This weekend I finished up my Vanguard with custom Arc Rifle. 
Making the hose was not as scary as I thought it would be.  I read a few tutorials and it seems the secret is to let it cure before attaching it.  This worked great. Even adding the coupling to the gun looks a lot better than I thought it would.


This is also the last guy from the lot of poorly assembled vanguards, so his robes are all funky and divided.  While the finished result is not noticeable from a distance when standing in  squad but upon close inspection, it will have people scratching their heads wondering what I was thinking.


Here are a few side by side shots.  Clearly there are some differences but I think you can tell they are the same gun.  If there was a heavy option for the unit I might be in trouble but with only one option I think I will be ok.


In the future, if I get more vanguard I will not hesitate to do this again to make more of these guns.  It is a easy way to save some hobby money for other purchases.

After finishing this guy, I decided to video tape my whole Mechanicus army.


I am going to try to do this more often.  I have the Youtube account.  I might as well use it. Maybe I will get a decent camera and start recording more of these showcases.  I know I like the videos along with stills when looking at models.  Let me know what you guys think.

Next up are my flash gits. Until I get my second set of destroyers, I want to get some of the other tasks off my todo lists.  Have a good week.

Questions? Comments? Pew pew pews?