Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Showcase: heavy weapon teams

Last Weekend, I got some games in with my Ad Mech army. The only problem was that I did not have the Kataphron Destroyers that completes my 1500 point lists.  My group was kind enough to let me proxy something similar (like any good group should) and I chose to use my Imperial Guard heavy weapon teams.




They substituted well.  The one problem I had was that they were unpainted.  There is no rule that you have to have painted minis but, I like to try to have everything painted.  So instead of continuing to paint my flash gits, I thought I would quickly paint these up.
   

I know that the teams are supposed to have 2 models on them but to maximize my Guard models,  I only put the gunner on the base and intend to place another mini on the base when they are in use. This way I can use the loose one as a wound counter when I use the team and I can use them as a normal guard model when I am not using the team.


I am not sure if I like the way I did the basing.  I tried something a little different.  Instead on just flocking the entire base, I added a bit of cell-u-clay on part of the base to look like bare earth. I then glued the flock down on the spot where I didn't have the texture.


While the idea is ok, I am unsure that it give the look I want. I might need to go back and add some flock to try to make it look more like a transition.  I might be over thinking it as well.


After putting these guys away I found 2 more teams that are still unpainted.  I might break them out and finish them up just so all of my heavy weapon teams are painted.  I think they will just be added to the list to get finished.  I received some bits that I have been waiting on and I finished putting together my Alpha Infiltrator and my forth ranger arquebus. I plan to get these primed an painted before I building the kataphron destroyers.  I should have some progress by this weekend.

As a side note, it has been suggested that I should start making some videos.  I am unsure on just how much I want to get into the movie making business but, it is something I might try if there is some interest.

Until next time...

Questions? Comments? For the Emperors?