Monday, April 13, 2015

The times are a changing

The idea of resolutions was a nice motivation to get me started into getting back into the modeling / painting part of the hobby. The problem was I Just thought about what I want to get done at the time and made a list.  I didn't take into effect the possibility of new models coming out for existing factions or a whole new faction.  With this is mind I am deleting The resolution list and putting up the Road to the Skitarii.

Over the next year, I plan to use my monthly budget on 1 Skitarii unit and then Paint that unit up.  I can not buy another unit until the one I previously bought is finished.  This will keep me motivated to paint all that I buy and never to over buy.
 
The plan is as follows:

3 VanGuards
1 Rangers
3 dunecrawlers
2 ruststalker
6 ironstrider

A grand total of 15 boxes. Several of the boxes are under my budget and will give a surplus to pay for the ones over budget and probably have enough to finish in 12 months.  It would be nice if GW made a bundle for them and saved me some cash but I won't hold my breath.  Just think, a Necrons vs Skitarii starter box would be sweet.

So there you have it.  By this time next year, if I am diligent I will have a painted army ready to take the field.  Maybe by then we will see some transports for them and I can switch out some of the chicken walker models for those. A boy can dream Right?

Questions? Comments? 01101001 01101110 01110001 01110101 01101001 01110010 01101001 01100101 01110011?