Tuesday, June 25, 2013

List: Giving Shikes a try


Last week I went over the tyranid shrikes while in comparison to Raveners. After the dust settled I thought they could use a chance to hit the field.  So the next time I get to play I am going to give them a try. Here is the list and I will talk about changes after:
2k Nids 2 force org charts
Tyrant- armor shell, 2 twin link devourers, regen, toxin
10 termagant - devourer
Tervigon - Catalyst, regen,toxin sacs
5 Ravener brood - devourer, rending claws
5 Ravener brood - devourer, rending claws
5 Shrike - devourer, rending, toxin sacs

Tyrant- armor shell,  twin link devourers, scything talon, regen, toxin
10 termagant - devourer
Tervigon - Catalyst, regen, toxin sacs
Doom of Malan'tai - mycetic spore
15 Gargoyles

So first off we see I dropped the swarmlord and added a second org chart.  I have 2 tyrants so I still have 4 powers to roll for. I still have the 2 ravener squads, the doom, 2 tervigon, and the gargoyles. The Gargoyles did loose their toxin sacs.  I think I might drop one set of devourers on a tyrant to give it back but I really don't see a need.  The gargoyles are mainly a screen and usually die before combat.

The Termagants are now a smaller unit and don't have the spore pod.  I am not sure if this is a wise choice so I might drop a tyrant for a prime and give their pod back. If I do that I might bring back the swarmlord since he has an invlun in cc and with 2 warp charges and 4 powers he might be worth the extra 10pts I just wish he had a 2+ save.

And of course I have added the shrikes in.  I am trying the devourers shrikes instead of the bonesword ones.  I will see how they work out and see if the devourers are worth it.

Let me know what you guys think?

Should I have done more Shrikes? Should I have dropped a tervigon to add in other troops or should I keep one as an HQ and not use the second tyrant?

Questions? Comments? Nom nom noms?