Friday, October 20, 2017

#Dreadtober and some tankbustas


I had some time to work on my Toxicrene again this week but unfortunately the move has taken another 2 paint casualties.  So in the meantime I thought I would build out some tankbustas.




First up, I did get the under coat for the carapace, claws, and tentacles finished.


After that, I painted the toxinsacs, feeder tendrils, and claws.  He is coming along.  I hope to get the paints to keep working on him.  It is going to be tight getting him completed during this month.  but he is coming along.

I never had tankbustas and I really didn't want to pay the $90 that Games workshop wants for  ten of them so it is time to kit bash.


My first busta was made with a common boy with a rokkit stick.  I had taken the rokkit from the stick to be used by a grot tank so I added a new one.  since I couldn't find the correct left arm for the stick, I took the arm from a shoota boy. To do this, I needed to trim the hand off so the new arm fits in correctly.
 

For the second one, I wanted to have him strong arming the rokkit stick.  Like the last one, I trimmed off the left hand and then cut the right arm off and attached a new arm.  Then used a mine laying arm for the left arm.


I can't have tankbustas without rokkit pistols.This is just a couple of sluggas with the clips and muzzles taken off. Add some rokkits and he is ready for killin.
 

This brings my total up to six. I need to build 4 more.  I want to make another pistol boy.  I also want some squigs to round out the unit. I am avoiding the tank hammers since they die every time they use them.  These guys can just stay back ad shoot.

That is all I have this week.  I hope to get some work done on the toxicrene this weekend.  Catch yall next week!

Questions? Comments? Dakka dakka dakkas?