Monday, January 30, 2017

Showcase: Genestealer Acolytes


Throughout last week I worked on getting a hand full of acolytes finished got my genestealer cult. lets looks at the fruits of my labor...



First up, I noticed that this is an illegal model.  The acolyte leader is the only one who can cake a lashwip and he can't take the banner. Also an acolyte can not have a lashwhip without a bone sword.
I am not sure what I am going to do about this.


I might try to replace the arm or hand.  I will try to salvage the whip since it is a rare find. I could repaint him to be a metamorph. Now that I am thinking about it, I think that was the plan when I was building him.  This will also account for the Ymgarl head.


Other than that error, I finished the rest without a problem.  They went relatively quickly. They are quite detailed.  This makes the assembly line painting not so bad.  It is not like termagants where you primarily use 3 colors (skin, shell, teeth), you get several different  steps (skin, armor, cloth, pants, dark skin, metal, eyes/gems leather). All these steps help break up the monotony of assembly line painting.









I hope you guys like the models.  I am loving these guys.  I will be using them this weekend so I won't have such a grey tide.  Next, I am working on my birthday Metamorphs.  I might have all of them painted before gameday.

 Questions? Comments? For the four armed Emperor?