Thursday, February 2, 2017

Showcase: Metamorph repaint


In my last post, I talked about how one of my acolytes was built in an illegal configuration. I also said that I could make it a metamorph.  I decided to repaint the model instead of trying to replace the arms. It was the best and easiest option. Here is the completed model.



There is not much difference in the two styles.  All I really had to do was darken the skin then highlight it.


This scheme also brings out the tentacles on the head since they no longer blend into the rest of the head.


Overall I love the new look and am glad that I made this switch.  My acolytes nolonger have a banner but I am okay with that.


That's all for today.  I should have the rest of my new metamorphs and iconward done by Saturday.  I should have a post either tomorrow or Monday.

Questions? Comments? For the for armed Emperor?