Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Clearing off the table


It has been a busy couple of weeks.  I have had a bit of hobby time but I have not had the time to put the photos up to the blog or time to write a blog.  With that said,  here are a few of the things I have been working on.


I have been trying to focus on projects left on my resolution board.  The first item I wanted to knock off was the Witch Elves for my daughters of Khaine.  While they are small, they had a lot of little detail that took me a while to complete.


They ended up ok for table top quality.  They will never win me an award but they will look decent on the field if they ever see it.


Next up were a couple of Big Mek Guns.  I have been sitting on these since they came out in 2014.  I haven't yet used the unpainted ones in a game of 8th but I figured it was time to get them off my to do list. people seem to like them but I have a hard time finding the points when making a list.  Now that they are painted I might try again.



I stuck with the Death Skulls theme and painted each a different color of blue. I am slowly converting my hodge podge army over the the true blue of the death skulls. Maybe in 9th edition my whole army will be a unified clan.

One of the guns was missing the battery.  I decided to finish painting it without it. If it turn up I will and it in and paint it up as well.


I made these guns to be either Smasha guns or Kustom Mega Cannons.  It is an easy swap of gun tips. Both are effective in game.  I will play around with each until I find the one I like the most.


That is all I have done painting wise. I also took inventory on my Tau models.  I have over 100 models still needing paint. I am toying with the idea of banning Orks , Tyranids, and Genestealer Cults from my list next yeat.  This will force me to look at some of the grey plastic I have as well as encourage me to step out of my comfort zone and try new things. We shall see.

Questions? Comments?  Waaaaaaaagh!