Friday, November 8, 2019

Megatrakk Scrapjet


With Shorehammer looming in the future, I needed to get my last model, the Megatrakk Scrapjet, painted.

I wanted to stick to the Deathskulls paint scheme.  Since this is orks, I didn't want to keep using the same blue so, I bought a new blue paint: Stegadon Scale Green. I will have to add this blue to some of my other units as I expand the army more.


I used contrast paints on the jacket and rokkit smoke. It tends to do a nice job on the organic surfaces. There were a lot of hard line on this model so there was not a lot of opportunity to use the contrast paints.


To finish the model, I decided to use a bunch of different metallics.  I used Balthzar Gold on the gun tips.  I then used Brass Scorpion on the struts of the tracks. Leadbelcher was used on the the rest of the guns, the control pannel , the tracks, and the front wheel hubcaps. Finally, I finished up with Warplock Bronze on the exhaust system.

With The Megatrkk Scrapjet finished I want to get all my armies together and make sure I am ready to go.  If I have time after that I will go back to the intercessor squad I have been working on, then the Jackals and Ridgerunners. It will probably be time to paint us some Sisters of Battle after all that is done. Have a good weekend.

Questions? Comments? Dakka dakka dakka!