Monday, November 18, 2019

Final countdown


We have entered the final three days before leaving for Shorehammer.  I am really excited.  I get to see some friends I have not seen in months as well as play a guaranteed six games.  That is probably more than the last three months put together. Before I go, I still have a laundry list of things that need to get done.



First I need to make a box for Morathi, the cauldron and a battlewagon.  I have a box for the wagon I can fall back on but it is a bit big and space is a premium this trip.   I have a pattern that I use but I am always trying to make it better.  we will see if I can continue to improve.  This should not take long. (fingers crossed)


Once the boxes are done, I need to play tetris to get as much of the army in the army case I have made for the trip as I can.  This case is just a box that is within the dimensions of the overhead compartment in a Southwest plane according to their site.  I would have liked to make a case out of something a little more durable but, since I will be carrying it, it should be ok. Maybe I can make a MKII for my next trip and improve on the design and/or materials.


There is not enough room for my books in the case.  I am thinking I will check a bag and put my books in there.  The only problem with this would be if they lost my luggage.  With a direct flight, I wouldn't think there would be a problem.  Maybe if I have room in my second carry on, I will fit them in there but I am unsure how many of my other models will need to go in that case. 

Of course I can't go without extra clothes and toiletries. This is another reason for the checked bag.  I have already set aside the clothes I am taking so all that is left is to pack them up along with toothbrush, deodorant, and medicine. 10 min tops.

Finally on my list, I have to find a way to make the army case easier to carry.  I have some luggage straps that should work. I learned in my Citadel trip that I will want something more than just one of those straps to hold on to. Those straps can really hurt after a while carrying them, so a handle will help even if it is some foam wrapped in duct tape. 

That is all I can think of right now.  I know there are things I am forgetting.  I expect Wednesday night to be a flurry of action.  Maybe I should just switch to smaller armies. I bet I wouldn't have this problem with Space Marines. Bah! who wants to play those Mary Sues?

Questions? Comments? Preflight Jitters?