Monday, February 12, 2018

Squadmarks Review


At the Las Vegas Open I meet the creator of the Squadmark system.  I was impressed with the idea on how helpful they could be.  I went on his site and pre-ordered a bunch then asked if I could do a review.  He agreed.


I received my sample pack in the mail this weekend and started to put them through the paces.


They fit snugly on the 25mm and 32mm but the 40mm are a bit loose. They still stayed on but they slid a bit while the others were a tight fit.  


I was able to put them on and take them off. This will allow me to swap them between my orks and tyrainds. It will also help when I want to change from 30 gaunts with fleshborers to 10 fleshborers and 20 devourers.   


The one draw back i found is if you are not careful and don't slide the mark on and off you can easily snap off the marker tab. I am told was because it was a prototype and a 3D print. The actual product will be more flexible and the 40mm will be a tighter fit.


Each one had a magnet to affix to the base. They are easier to install than rare earth magnets while still staying in place.  I can't tell you how many times I have used a rare earth magnet only to have the magnet pop off the base. 

Overall, I like this product. I have already ordered a bunch for my termagants and orks.  I plan on ordering more for my inceptors for transportation.

Check them out.