Friday, August 25, 2017

Moving has hut my hobby time!


Hello all you readers out there, I know I have been pretty quiet this last week and for that I am sorry.  My only excuse is that I didn’t get a game in and I was moving into the new house.  My posts might still be a bit sporadic as I am settling down in the new place but if you hang in there with me I will have more content coming at ya.


Looking at the news I see my first 8th edition codex is coming soon.  The Ad Mech codex will be a nice pick up.  The only real downside is that it is not tyranids or orks.  I look forward to seeing the forge world special rules.  Will they be good enough to not take Mars with Cawl?  We will have to find out. The one thing I am sad about is that the forge world knights or units will not be in this book.  My Archeron and Peltasts are itching to get into the fight.



I am continuing to work on my grot mega tank.  It is base coated and I intend to try some rust effects using the hairspray method.  If it doesn’t work I will just go back and paint it up like the rest of my orks.  Got them there is no such thing as rust.  If it work I will have some fun repainting my orks, so they look uniform and cool.



I also picked up a toxicrene to add to my tyranids.  I am glad that he has been improved upon in this edition.  I am not sure it is good enough but we shall see once he is built.  At least I will have some fun making his tentacles manageable.  I might even try to magnetize him to be interchangeable with the maleceptor.
Lastly, my local shop had a bazaar.  By the time I got there, most of the good deal were gone. I did find some old school warriors for a buck a piece.  I just couldn't resist.
Well, that is all for now.  I will keep you guys posted on my hobby stuff as it happens.  Hope you all have a good week.

Questions? Comments? Nom nom noms?