Thursday, April 6, 2017

Showcase: Ork Rides


My final preparations for my trip to Miniwargaming next week I need to finish painting up a couple of Ork Rides. Check out the images after the hop.




First up is a Battlewagon.  I have had this model built and primer red for years.  I decided that painting from red might be ok for a total red miniature but for something like this it is worse to try to get into the cracks to cover the red then to just rebase it.  I also decided not to paint it red.


I wanted to give this battlewagon to my flash gitz so I painted it up in their colors. I painted the main body blue with hints of bronze sheets and the rest I painted leadbelcher and black. This fits in with my flash gitz scheme.


I still haven’t figured out how I am going to work the deffrolla and ram on the kit.  So I left that off for now. I am sad on how much they nerfed it.


After the wagon I had a truck to complete.  This is one of the two from Miniature Scenery I love the look of it.  This is also my first large yellow model.  I am still not sold on how it turned out.  After many thin coats I think I covered the base color.





I loved this kit.  It went well together and rather easy.  The only problem I had was with the shocks.  There were two different sizes and the instructions were not clear which went where.  In the end, I went with what looked right. 


The only drawback to this kit was the shipping.  It was coming from Australia and it is MDF so the shipping was quite expensive.  The more you order though the better the shipping so maybe stores or groups of people can get an order for a decent price.   The kit itself is about the same price as a Trukk so no real savings but a different look.


With these two vehicles painted, I have all the models I am taking painted, based, and ready for combat.  Only a couple of days left before I head up to the great white north.  So excite.

Questions? Comments? Dakka Dakka Daakas?