Tuesday, April 18, 2017

WIP: Starting work on the Sisters




Now that I am back from my trip, I can start to focus on other projects.  A few come to mind but the one I really want to get started on is my Sisters of Battle.



Way back when, I backed a kickstarter for the Toughest Girls of the Galaxy 2.  Well I finally got my pledge of 30 regular troops, 10 jump pack sisters and Celestine. The concept art was awesome. I even liked the 3D sculpts even though they were in battle heals.  Now that I have the actual models I am not sure how I feel.  While they are close to the 3D versions I never noticed how most of them are on one foot.  Not only that these women are really thing and posed awkwardly. 


While I am glad they were much cheaper than if I went with GW.  The fact that they are plastic is just awesome.  My big worry now is if GW makes some new cooler more battle worthy sister will I regret backing these.  I guess time will let me know.


I plan on building as many as I can and then start painting.  Let’s see how that works out.

Questions? Comments? The Emperor Protects!