Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Showcase: Astra Militarum Manticore

Last weekend I played in a 16k per side Apocalypse game.  I play my Ad mech with some guard support. looking through what I had painted I noticed that the manticore I got, built, and primed over a decade or so ago was still just primed.  Well, it is only primed no longer.
It is my typical Guard tank colors.  An olive green with dark grey panels. Added some edge highlight to make the grey pop.


Usually this guys does well during apoc games but not this time.  My scatter dice betrayed me and I had four single blast shots that kill all of 2 models.  Sigh so said.


I am not that happy with the search light.  I might watch some tutorials and then repaint it some day.


While the missiles are plain I am okay with it.  Any more colors and they might start to look like my ork missiles.

The sad this is this back armor plate was completely missed both when painting the highlights and while playing the game.  I just noticed after taking these pictures.  I will fix this up before moving onto the next project.

And there we have it.  Hopefully I can get back on track and finish my two destroyers, a single skitarii model, and the ghost ark.  My hobby ADD is strong this summer.

Questions? Comments?  For the Emperors?