Friday, August 1, 2014

Mek on bike: more options.


After posting yesterday's post I got a couple of comments telling me that I need a little more oomph to my model to make the Kustom Force Field (KFF) stand out. While I am happy with what I have done, I have had a nagging feeling in the back of my mind pretty much telling me the same thing.  I acquired a KFF from a morkanaut that I am thinking about cutting up to make the iconic KFF towers now I just have to figure out how to place them.





This is where you guys come in.  I really need some feedback on what the best looking option would be.  I have mocked up 5 different versions that I can work with.  Keep in mind, I only have the 3 towers since I am not ready to try to make one myself.



Ver 1 contraption tower out the back.
I like this one since it has the diamond contraption on the top.  My worry is that the original rotor assembly will look out of place.



Ver 2 Single tower out the back
This one looks pretty simple. I think this one is worse on looking out of place.  This time the tower looks a bit wonky.  maybe if I make it come out at more of an angle and further down it would be okay.



V3 2 small towers out the sides.
This one is not too obtrusive and would get the feeling across.  It should be pretty easy to drill a straight hole and plug these guys in.  The question would be is it enough.

V4 2 small towers at an angle.
This is a little different. This would have them coming out of the engine instead of the stalk.  but in a 45 degree angle. not a bad look. I could do either this one or ver. 3 reversed. (Angled off the stalk or straight out from engine.)  This is just where I thought they looked the best at this time.



V5 contraption on old assembly
It is a possibility but I think it looks silly even for an ork. I am not even sure if this one even should be a choice.



So after seeing all of these options I ask you guys which one is the best.  I am going to try to ask this on the BOLS forum as well maybe I could get some constructive criticisms instead of flames.  So please..



Questions? Comments? Dakka dakka dakkas?