Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Birthday Bash Apoc Style!!!



This weekend is our big Apoc Birthday Bash! This year we have Tyranids vs the Imperium.  Of course I will be playing with my bugs.  I have been given 2500 points out of 15K. I figured I will go with a list that is similar to my current list with the exception of the big bad Scythed Heirodule and a Trigon formation.  Let’s take a look at the list:



HQ
Parasite of Mortrex                                                    
Winged tyrant- 2 TL devourers, regen                      

Troops
tervigon regen, cata, crushing claws                                      
12 genestealers- toxin, broodlord                              
12 guants with devourers in drop pod                                   

Fast
15 Gargoyles- toxin                                                   

Formation                                                                   
4 raveners- rending, devours                          
4 raveners- rending, devours                                                                          
Trigon Prime- regen                                       


Super Heavy 
Scythed Hierodule      
                                               

First of all we have the standard, raveners, gargoyles, parasite, tervigon, and devilgants.  Add in a flying hive tyrant, the trigon prime with his formation and the Hierodule leaves only enough points for a small group of genestealers.

This is a pretty small force for 2500… I could get rid of the tyrant and add in another squad of stealers or another tervigon. I have a feeling we are going to need some anti-air… I am not sure 1 winged guy will be enough.  There will probably be the thunderhawk out there as well as all the dang storm birds… I guess we shall see.

I like the formation since the raveners get to assault the turn they come in.  I might try to get their size back to 5 per squad.  I find that 5 together can get into a fight and survive to move on to the next victim. 

I thought about trying a harpy but their guns are worthless on fliers since they are blasts and the vector strike can’t touch AV12.  The fact that there is not a model for it seals the deal for not using one.  This saves me from trying to figure out a conversion for it.

I am looking forward to playing this weekend.  It is going to be a blast!

Questions? Comments? Nom nom noms?