Monday, October 25, 2021

Orktober Week 4: Pledges Complete!

 


It has been a busy month. This last week, I finished up the Morkanaut, a Squighog Rider, a Nob on Smasha Squig, and the official Mozrog Skragbad Model.  To the Photos!

Morkanaut


First up is my Morkanaut.  He is a little bigger than the standard model but way cooler.  If I had known he was so big, I would have printed him a bit smaller but it doesn't matter anymore.  


I had fun painting him up.  I used the craft metallic blue for the body and a craft silver for the metals.  I ended up painting the face and eyes several times trying to find the right highlight and color.  I am very happy with how it turned out.

I like how the transport is on the back like a backpack. I like this look more than the big tummy look.  The only problem is the drop-down.  Knowing Orks, they just jump down like a wrestler from the top rope.

Squighog Rider

This model was already halfway completed before this month started.  It was nice to be able to finish it.  Sorry for the bad lighting in the photos. 


This was the last of my first set.  I have another set to paint.  I need to see these on the table to see how they actually work.

Nob on Smasha Squig


This is another Gearguts Mekshop model.  I love these big-mouthed squigs.  Since the GW model is mono-posed I figured if I was going to run two I would use this guy to change it up a little bit.



The horn looks way too yellow in these pictures. They were not my best effort. the horn really is bone-colored and I think it is pretty.

Morzog Skragbad


While I already had a version from Gearguts Mekshop, I wanted the official model for Morzog Skragbad. He is so cool I just had to add him to my collection.

Of course, I had to use my new favorite blue on him.  For the white squigasaur, getting the color I wanted was a bit tricky.  I started with a white basecoat, then added a layer of Skeleton Horde contrast paint. I finally did a heavy drybrush of the original white to bring it back to the color I was looking for. 




I am not sure how to play these new Orks. They are different than what I am used to. I need to play a few games to see if I can used to the new style.  Gone are the days of Gordo and the battlewagons:  Long live the buggy.

Here is a shot of all that I got done this month.


I think it was a very successful Orktober with a focus on the dreadnaught. In November, I will be making sure my army is ready for Shorehammer.  I think I am going to change up directions and bring some Necrons. I hope you all had a great Orktober! Hopefully, I can keep on writing.