Monday, December 27, 2021

Year End Wrap Up


Hi All.  I know I am pretty quiet and to be honest not sure anyone looks here but it is a tradition for me to first review how I did. Then on the first, I will list what I plan to do.



Last year I pledged to paint 50 older models and the Fire Raptor.  Since I didn’t call out the 50 models I am not sure if the 137 models I painted were in those 50.  I do know that the Fire Raptor is still sitting unfinish but I have a few days left in the year.  If I buckle down I might just get it finished.

 

As for the rest of the year I have done quite a few items and the 3d printer is a big help with that.  Let’s break it down.

 


For starters I painted 27 Sisters of Battle including the new Warsuits, Morvenn Vahl, and finishing the Triumph of St. Katherine.  I still have a couple of vehicles to finish, box of sisters, and the new Noviates to paint but I am happy with what I finished with Sisters.

 

Next up, I painted a full squad of peltast, finished the Pteraxii, and painted a custom Ironstrider.  I love the 3d version of the Ironstrider better than the official model.  I think I might switch to an unmanned turret to bring the model more in line with the height of the official model. 

I had a couple one offs.  1 Daughters of Khaine, 1 Van Saar, and 7 Genestealer Cult models including a printed Sentinel.

I also worked on finishing the Necrons that were carryovers from last year.  I painted the Silent Kinga reanimator and a few other odds and ends a total of 18 miniatures but that King should be like 10 by himself.

The rest of my year was painting 3d models for my orks and guard forces.  I decided to print a guard army from the sculptor That Evil One.  I am going to replace my troops and tanks as I can (he hasn’t made all of the tanks yet like the hellhound or medusa.)   I love the troops and it is neat to have an unique looking guard army to play with.

Last of all, I have painted 39 orks this year.  About half are from the new sets while the others are printed.  Geargut’s Mekshop has done a wonderful job.  I have printed 4 dread, 7 Kans and one Gorkanaut.  I have also done a few squig riders, and squigasaurs and some buggies.  On the GW side I have painted half of my beast boys, a Mozrag anda Kill rig (mostly.) Not a bad edition to my Waaaaagh!



That is all for this year.  It was not a bad year but not my best either.  I have a ton of stuff for next year but we will talk about that next year.   I hope you all have a great holiday and good luck in all your projects.  I am off to finish that Fire Raptor!