Friday, October 1, 2021

Orkober!!!



*Gasp* What’s this? A new post? You bet your sweet bippy it is.  After a long break in posting anything on this site, I have decide to dust off the keyboard and share some hobby activity I am planning over the next few weeks.

Of course, it is that grand month we celebrate: Orktober and Dreadtober. I try to work on models every year during this time.  Usually, it is an Ork like my Dunecrawler Deff Dread or my Warboss in Mega Armor.  This year is no different. This year I am kicking it up a notch and will be working on 2 Deff Dreads, 2 Killa Kans, and a Morkanaut for my ork clan. If that is not enough I also plan on painting an alternate Sentinel for my Genestealer Cults (GSC).  But wait, there’s more! I also plan on painting an alternate Ironstrider Ballistarius for the admech. Enough talking.  Let’s take a look at what I will be working on.


First up is my Morkanaut.  I printed this model using the files from  Gear Gut’s Mek Shop. I really like his style and became one of his Patreons.  While the model is a bit bigger than the GW model, it is on the same sized base, it is WYSIWYG, and I don’t want to reprint it.   Most importantly the model is cool so I will just move forward.  I am planning to use an airbrush for the base colors and finish it by painting it by hand.  I am eager to see this guy all painted up.


My first dread is another Gear Gut’s model.  This Deff Dread has with a claw and a buzsaw (from another author) and two sets of missiles.  I am planning on using him at Shorehammer this year so I really need to paint him. We will talk about Shorehamer as we get closer to the event.


The other dread is another Gear Gut’s model.  It is a dread with 4 skorchas.  While I don’t think I will ever use a dread armed like this I felt that it was so cool that I had to print it out.  I am debating if I will be painting him my customary blue or should I go red since he is so hot!  Let me know what you think.


Moving away from the dreads we have the kans.  The first one is  another Gear Gut model.  It is actually a smaller version of the first dread in this pledge but with the original arms.  I printed this one before the dread. Before I printed this model I printed another one of Gear Gut’s dread and it was bigger than GW official model so I resized this one to compensate for the size difference. Little did I know that this model was just right.  The model turned out to be a bit big for a kan but  I will only use him in friendly game so it shouldn’t be a problem.


 My last Ork dread sized model is a kan I found on Thingiverse.  I thought he was a cute little can and would be nice for my budding Dread Waaaaagh! He is also a bit big for a kan (the struggle is real!) Since I am going to have a bunch of different kans having a couple of talk boys shouldn’t be a problem.  This way they will be a truly Orkie, hodge podge, and mismatched mob.

I could not let Orks  have all the fun so I plan to print up the Scavengers Scout walker by Station Forge. This looks to be a perfect alternate Ironstrider Ballistarius.  I am going to use the middle version.  I like this more than the weird GW model.  After I print and paint it, if I like the looks I can print up more.  The only downside is they don’t have the lascannon option.  I can then take the Ironstriders that I already own and make them Sydonian Dragoons all the time. We will see after I finished this guy.



The last dread sized model I am pledging this month is the All Terrain "Argus" Scout Walker by Factorum Labs.  I want to test this model out for as a GSC Sentinel. I am still a bit undecided on this one but once it is printed I will have a better idea if I will like it. I might also use it for my new guard army but I will hold back for now.





If all of that gets done I have a couple of Squighog Boyz to paint as well as 20 Beast Snaggas Boyz and Mozrog Skragbad himself.  I will work on these if I can finish the pledged projects first.
 

So I have a full plate.   If I can get 4 out of the 7 done I will be happy.  I will probably focus on the orks and then onto the other models.  I hope to make a post once a week with all my updates .  Untill then… may your dice always roll sixes.