Monday, October 4, 2021

Orktober week 1: Big and Little bro

 


The First week of Orktober is in the books. It was a short one but I got some work done.

 


As I mentioned before these are based on the same model, Gear Gut’s Claw Walker. I love the look of this one and like that the rockets are shoulder-mounted instead of attached to the end of an arm like the GW model.


I Painted the big brother model a metallic blue.  This is the first time I have used this paint and I love it.  It is one of the craft store paints and is a steal. It coats really well and looks as good as the Vallejo metallic blue I use on my Necrons.


 As I mentioned in my last post the arms of big brother are from different kits so they are not identical on the battlefield. I went for a saw from an old Dread and a unique claw that I found on Thingiverse.  For the metals, I use my standard leadbelcher and a brand new pro acryl bronze.  I wish they had a color between dark silver and silver.  Their metallics cover better than GW and are my go-to paints for metal.

For the little brother, I went with a light blue with a wash of Drakenhof Nightshade. I also reversed the checks and gave his Skull Icons a coat of red paint.  These are the original arms that were with the model. I broke one of the arms and had to use some green stuff to fix it.   While kans normally only have 2 arms I am going to try to sneak this one in. 

 



Both of these models were easy to paint.  They will look good on the battlefield.  Time to move onto the next model in my Orktober queue.  Talk to you next week.