Sunday, October 17, 2021

Orktober Week 3: MOAR Paintin!!!




 After getting all of my building out of the way, this week I was back to painting.  This week I finished the new kan, the GSC Sentinel, and the Admech Ironstrider. Off to the pictures!!!

Killa Kan 


I love this short squat little can.  It is not the typical kan with an arm gun and a close combat weapon.  This one has a spear-like buzzsaw and a turret.  



I added a dead Luna Auxrilia to the base for some extra fun.  these guys might be ending up on more of my bases.  That poor guard.



I ended up using the metallic blue I used on one of the dreads.  Since it is a newer color I want to add it to a few of my models so it is evenly distributed among my army. 

GSC Sentinel


I love the new Sentinel and look forward to printing out a few more to round out the army.  I am not sure if they will be a big part of the new book (once we get one) but they are easy to print.  This way if I want them I will have them and I don't have to go scrounging around looking for the real model.


This round cockpit is more in line with the GSC aesthetic.  I might go back and brighten up the grey trim.  I think the grey I am using blends too much into the green. I also might add a little white on the power coils to give them a little pop.  All in all, not a bad little model.

Admech Ironstrider Balistarius


I love the look of this guy.  I think it is a bit tall and if I was designing it I would have had the leg attach higher to the frame.  I know this would take away some of the possibility but with a turret on top, I don't see a need for the cockpit to be able to rotate as well. I might see what I can do for my next one.  



I thought I could turn the turret into just a gun platform.  It will take away from the concept of a rider and driver but it will bring the size down some more.  I think this is another avenue to look into as well.


If I am going to do that though, I might as well go with the version without the turret up top and just use the under cockpit hard point to mount the guns.  Maybe I need a poll.

Alright, that is all for this week.  I just have the Morkanaut left for my pledges and then it will be stretch goal time!  I hope you all have a good week and I will see you next week.