Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Necron lord



After finishing the latest Daughters of Khaine I decided I wanted to fix up an old Necron Lord. This is an old metal model that I had lying around.  He was broken and had an older paint job so, it was time for an updo! 

 


First thing I did was fix his staff of light.  I lost the rod and top to the staff so I needed to replace it.  I took a gauss blaster from my Indominus box and trimmed it doe to fit into his staff.  I Also wanted to update his base to the newer size.  I kept the crystals on his base for a nice touch. 

 

After fixing these things I gave him a black basecoat and started working on painting.  I did my typical Necron paint job.  The only new thing is the crystals.  I started them with some Moot Green then a lighter green from game color.  I finished them off with a Tesseract Glow. I might try to find some crystals to add to my other Necron bases. 

 




Next up are some Ophydian Destroyers.  This is my first set of three.  I have three more to build but have been neglecting them since they were a pain to build.