Saturday, December 12, 2020

Adeptus Mechanicus Archaeopter


The past few weeks I have been working on my Archaeopter.  This model has a few options.  I magnetized it so I can field whichever option I need.  Let take a look…




The Archaeopter Stratoraptor is the gunship version. It has 2 door mounted Heavy Stubbers, two front mounted Phosphor Blasters, and a turret mounted Twin Cognis Lascannons. This unit has a good about of firepower and maneuverability. Although we have a few different option with the Dunecrawler, Disintegrator, and Ironsrtiders, this model has a lot more manuverablity.  It will be interesting to see if this load out makes the cut. 

 



The Archaeopter Transvector is the transport.  The turret hold Twin Heavy Stubbers as well as two single Heavy Stubber.  Since I glues the stubbers on the door I just will not put the one on the forward mount points and we are WISIWYG.  It can also carry 6 troops into battle.  I have not found a use for this ship since I use the Dunerider with its larger carrying compacity. 

 


Finally the Archeotper Fusilave is the bomber of the three.  It also has four Heavy Stubber, two on the doors and two forward mounted. The bomb mechanic for this model can help dish out some mortal wounds like the Tau bomber. With its four Heavy Stubbers it can dish out twelve strength four shots.  While nothing special it is a good amount of shots to throw at a chaff unit.  Out of all the versions I like this one the most.

 


Like most vehicles I took my sweet time painting it.  This one I stalled on how to magnetize it. Once I figured that out I balked at the canopy.  I kept it clear and was really caeful on painting the support beams but then when I glued it in I used too much glue and fogged the inside.  I had to just paint the whole canopy.  I was pretty disappointed.

 

Over all I love the look of the plane.  Most people hate the Davinci style but I think it fits in with the Ad Mech. I like the bat like wings and landing legs.  It makes it different than the rest of the other armies and fits in with the steampunk feel of the rest of the Ad Mech.


Stay safe out there.


Questions? Comments? For the Omnissiah!!!