Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Showcase: Mucolid Spore

This weekend I found some time to paint up my Mucolid Spore. The model is interesting and I had a hard time figuring out what to paint blue or green or olive.  It came together pretty quick after I decided.

With all my Tyranids, I like the loose sac-like or bendy parts to be olive, the hard shell parts should be neon green, the claws and teeth a bone color, and the rest blue.  It just looked like most of this model should have been olive.


If I would have done that, I don't think it would have fit in with the rest of my army so, I looked at what I did with the pineapple  tyrannocyte and scoured the web looking at other examples. This is the paint scheme I decided on.


Over all I am happy with him. I think I could have done better on some of the green stuff work but he looks decent on a tabletop. Now if I could get 2-5 more I think I will be happy.  I will probably end up with 2 more since I think I want to end up with 3 tyrannocytes.


So, another model done. Next up are some lootas.  I have 14 of them and 11 are painted.  Painting up 2 more to finish them out should be easy. After that, I can give my flash gits some more love.  An ork army (or tyranid army) is never done :) After that it will be a new month and I can go back to my Ad Mech army.  I think I have some destroyers to add.

Questions? Comments? Nom nom noms?