Monday, February 22, 2016

Rumor: Deathwatch: Overkill

The guys over at Figouz.net have leaked some images of the new Deathwatch: Overkill game. There are also many other images around the net.  I thought I would just lay out my thoughts on the new game.

First of all, the cult mini's look really cool.  They have that old style vibe to them.  The fluff behind the cult has always been interesting and the fanboys go gaga over anything cult related.  I don't know if it is the nostalgia or them or just the hint that Tyranids might get a friend, whatever it is, I am not one of those people.

I like my tyranids pure and whole.  I don't want them using guns and power mauls and knives.  They should be all teeth and claws and weapons that shoot acid or viruses or bio-plasma. Anything a hybrid psyker can do a hive tyrant should be able to do. The Patriarch is just a broodlord. All I know is if these turn out to be better than a genestealer I will be sad.  If they get assault grenades I will be mad.

Another thing that is turning me off from this game is the price.  $165 is a steep price for a bunch of genestealers.  Maybe I can find some one to go havesies on it with me and they can keep the terminators but in the end the question is will I even want to spoil my army with this half breed filth?

The least I can do is get the White Dwarf that will have the new formation.  Maybe I can proxy some of the units to test them out.  Overall the more exposure to the tyranid goodness the better.  Maybe this will lead us to our new codex.... one can dream, right?

Questions? Comments? Nom nom noms?