Monday, February 1, 2016

Showcase: Kastelan Robot

This weekend I started working on my Kastelan Robot Maniple. I was going to batch paint them like I do most of my troops, but once I started painting this guy I just couldn't stop.




I wasn't sure how I was going to handle the bumps on the wrists.  I tried to paint them individually but it was to fine a detail for me to paint.  I ended up adding some nulin oil on them then going back and adding the grey in the flat parts. It looks like they stand out pretty well while not looking to out of place.


I am not thrilled about the base.  I like the effect that the Agrellen Earth has, but I hate that I have to seal it down with mod podge.  it looks ok but it kind of takes away the cracked earth look with the smooth surface. If I wanted to be hard core, I think I would switch to some resin bases.  I just don't think it is worth the amount that they cost.
 

In the end I am happy with how he turned out.  Hopefully this week I can finish the other one and the datasmith.  It is only the first day of February and I am already 1/3 the way through my painting list. I guess I will have to find some more guys to paint while I wait for March.

Questions? Comments? Pew pew pews?