Thursday, January 28, 2021

Triumph of St Katherine


 It is been over a year since I started this model but it is finally finished.  If you are part of the Tabor Warhammer League on Facebook you have already seen these photos but if you stick around, I have a few comments from painting it.


Looks Like I need to tidy up the chain.

The Sister with the incense was my last model to paint.  I tried a wet blend on the smoke to give it a little more detail. I tried to stick to my paint scheme throughout the piece.  I had to make some decisions since my normal scheme doesn't have cowls or skirts. but over all I am happy with the outcome.

I went with an orange floor to match the rest of my army.  While it doesn't have the same design as the rest of my sisters, the colors match.  I think that is enough to keep the army tied together.

In general I hate the little babies but I don't have anything to replace them. Removing them might be seen as modeling for disadvantage so, I kept them in.

I had a hard time deciding how to paint the back banner. I ended up with a bright silver trim with yellow rays and the bones being a natural color.  I don't think it feels right but I am unsure how to fix it. For now,  I will just keep it as is until something hits me. 


This is a beautiful model and I am glad it is finished. It has been in several states of finishing.  I even lost a model along the way.  Once I found the model I knew I needed to finish it so I don't lose it again. Hopefully it will see the table soon

Questions? Comments? The Emperor protects!