Monday, January 11, 2021

Finishing Scions

These are done

It is funny, I thought I took out all of my models that need to be painted or built and placed them on my table of shame. Yesterday, I started working on the box of Scions I won from a charity event two years ago (WOW! where did the time go?) This got me thinking of the Scions I own and low and behold I found more work to do.
I got these models what back when the Scions came out back in 2014. (at least that is what google tells me) I always loved to use Stormtroopers (that is what they were called before Scions) as small units of meltas that drop in, kill something, and then get blown off the table. Before these models I had some metal models from Pig Iron Studios that I used. When the new kit came out, even though I had decent proxies, they looks so cool I got three kits and started to paint them up.
 

Getting there

While I wanted them to match my guard, I also wanted them to stand out on the field. I went with the same color of armor (now called Waaagh! flesh) with the Mechanicus Grey for the cloth. I then used Celestial Grey for the armor trim. If I could do a cleaner job on the trim, it would look a lot better but my eyes and hands are not as good as they once were. Over all I am happy with the effort.

About half way

For some reason back in the day, I was batch painting as usual and actually finished five models. For some reason I stopped there. So after I built the five new models I started painting the old ones. I got one squad almost completed with the bases and washes/touch ups left. Another squad is still pretty early in the painting process, and of course the last set was just built.  

Just built

While I don't think I will focus on getting all of them painted right away, they now have a home on my Table of shame until they are done.

Questions? Comments? pew pew bzzapt!