Monday, March 12, 2018

WIP: Fire Raptor


This weekend I started working on the Fire raptor. After cleaning off the resin I started to assembling it.



The first thing that needed to be done was to straighten the two side pieces.  Both were slightly warped.  I prepared a hot bath for each and then bent them back into place.


I then worked on putting together the fuselage.     With a little work I got the pieces to line up and clamped together.  I have read that there tends to be some gap filling needed so when I saw some gaps I was not too worried.

When this dried, I added the rear fuselage plate as well as the back ramp.

The last things I worked on this weekend were the forward Vulcan Cannons and the wing supports.  I have to do some trimming to the wing supports to fit properly.  Once this is done I can start work on the wings and engines as well as the landing gear.  While not a typical GW kit I feel it is a standard Forgeworld build.  This is a lot more work that the grot mega tank but overall I think it will be an awesome centerpiece to my Marines as well as fun to put on the table.


I should get some more work on it this week.  Hopefully I can start painting it next week.

Questions? Comments? Cawl's will be done!