Monday, February 9, 2015

WIP: Mek Gun



This weekend I finally felt comfortable enough to breakout the paints and models and actually put some paint on a model.




 
The first thing I had to do was find my paints and brushes.  After digging them out of the corner and making sure that they were still good, I figured I needed a model to paint.  I just got a Smasha gun from ebay for $25.  It was built at primed white.  Looking at my list of things to do this year a mek gun is right up my alley.




First of all, when painting orks I generally start black or metallic basecoat.  I really don't like the white basecoat it gives a weird lightness to the model.




I got most of the model's armor painted.  I need to do some touchup with the red, paint the gobo, all the wires, the teeth on the front of the gun, add a wash and highlight it and I will be good.  Not too bad after taking a couple of months off.

Once this is done I can start up the other one.

Questions? Comments? Dakka dakka dakkas?